Thursday, September 12, 2013

Office Organization


Often hidden behind a closed door the office or studio can quickly devolve into a clutter fest. My office/ studio/ clutter fest is in the living room so I try to keep it somewhat presentable. I organize my office, not just because others can see it, but because it is where I spend most of my time. It is a reflection of my personality and style.  


This is where I work


The staircase bookshelf shields my desk from the rest of the living room for when the inevitable clutter sets in. Let's be realistic: it won't stay like this for ever.

print by Steuart Pittman

This drawer contains drafting supplies

This is one of many drawers containing model making supplies and tools. Next up, get rid of duplicates!
Most used items I keep at an arms reach. Scissors, Exacto, Sharpie, and pencil. (Fine, I never actually use that High-lighter. It shouldn't be there)

Under the desk I store tools and supplies I use less often. Those boxes contain painting supplies, stationary, and one is full of random Mac cords.

I found this shelf DIY idea on Apartment Therapy, and it actually works.

I wish this fireplace worked. Oh well, It's still a great place to display art by Kelly Neidig, found drift wood and candle sticks purchased at Good Will.
A reminder of whats important: Left: Little Erica Thompson with the Late Addie. Right: Jeremy and Lobo shortly after moving to San Francisco
This is who is always as close to me as possible. (Picture taken while creating this blog post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment